Slides & Spaces
As we head into Fall/Winter there’s a lot on my plate since we are in the process of applying to high schools for Lyali, begin looking at colleges for Isaad to apply to next year & start prepping for our annual (& favorite) trip to Pakistan in December. BUT, most importantly, I want to make sure I give priority to my new baby & love, my blog!!
I'm not really a delusional kind of a gal but I’m honestly going to pretend for a bit that all of the above mentioned tasks are on hold while I write this whimsical piece about my two new passions, Slides (shoes, of course) & Spaces (as in, our newly done home).
My love affair with slides began many, many years ago while I was still living in Pakistan (I’ve actually included a couple from Karachi in my post too) but this last year has been rather “slide-ful” (is that even a word?) for me. In this post, I decided to show some of my favorite pairs in some of my favorite spaces in my home. I want to cover my place room by room but that's a whole other post (s) but here are a few sneak peeks at some of my favorite corners in my colorful home.
Slides are soo easy to slip on, exceptionally convenient while traveling and look effortlessly chic when worn with jeans, a cotton skirt, a bikini or a cocktail dress. And while I love my heels, there’s something to be said about donning a cute pair of slides which automatically put you in a laid back state of mind.
Here are a few of my absolute favorites:
1. Miu Miu Rabbit Fur Buckle Slide in Black (available in Nude as well) with a stunning flat crystal-studded heel and a (leather) one-band vamp with crystal buckle. It’s literally a fur and crystal party on your feet!!
2. Gucci Princetown Horsebit-detailed shearling-lined leather slide – I mean, who is not obsessed with these?? These are from Spring 17 in Pink supple leather. By far, the most comfortable piece of fashion I’ve ever owned. If I’m not wearing sneakers for travel this is my definite go-to.
3. Pakistani custom made embellished slides - Honestly, I do not know much about this pretty pair except that my sister got it custom made in Karachi and that I stole it from her (she knows ... I think) last time I was in Karachi. LOVE, love the powder blue color and the millions of sparkly diamantés!
4. These are from an Aquazzura for De Gournay (British wallpaper company that I’m incidentally obsessed with as evidenced in my kitchen nook and bar - more details soon) design collaboration from Spring 2017, that was exclusive to Matchesfashion.com. I bought these gorgeous printed pink ones with floral & tropical embroidery and a chic, tiny gold heel. The monkey is my favorite detail!
5. And since one wasn’t enough I decided to get another pair of Gucci Horsebit-detailed shearling-lined leather slide in deep Green Velvet because, favorite color + velvet + fur = fashion orgasm!!
6. Pakistani Khussa-style Slide – Khussas are Pakistani/Indian handmade flats traditionally made with one piece of leather that is then attached to the sole by cotton thread. The decoration on a Khussa varies – beaded, embroidered, embellished with mirrors and/or shells, ceramic beads or crystals
Thank you for stopping by and I look forward to hearing from you!
Always the stirrer, Sobia