Pearls Of Wisdom From Me To You
As we approach the holiday season (btw, Thanksgiving is my FAAAAAAVORITE holiday and yours?), I thought it would be interesting to write 12 things I learnt this past year. Not only learnt but 12 things I plan to incorporate into my life in a very conscious manner. And of course, I’ll supplement this post with pics of myself ... :)
1. I know, we say or hear this a lot (or some version of it without my swear words;) but I truly, truly, truly am going to adhere to this school of thought from now: Life is way too short for toxic assholes! I want to surround myself with people I love, people I love being around and people who genuinely love being with me because of who I am.
2. Live in the moment! True, easier said than done. But living in the past & how I could have handled things/situations differently makes me feel low and somewhat depressed. Worrying about the future, which we all fall prey to, causes me anxiety (more about my anxiety one day). Moving forward, I’m going to try my hardest to focus on the present. Try it! You’ll be pleasantly surprised.
3. Be kind to MYSELF!!! It’s so easy to say, ugghh, my stomach is sticking out or I’m such an idiot because... or I’m a bad person since I.... or I hate myself when.... or I can’t believe how much chocolate I’ve consumed (that would be me) ... and the list goes on. Nope, I’m fabulous and I do make errors in judgement but I LOVE MYSELF.
4. Be kind to others - Everyone is going through some shit of their own. So, please bear with them before jumping to conclusions. In fact, reach out to a friend you haven’t heard from in a while. In my seemingly perfect life filled with pretty pics .... I too have shit going on, I promise! Nothing I can’t handle but enough to make me reflect upon life and learn to adopt ways to deal with it. AND make me patient towards others. Shit, did that get too serious?? Hope not.
5. Try not to take things personally - kind of part 2 of my previous point. And, in all honesty this has been drummed into me by my wise friend, Farah:)
6. Do more of what you love. It’s sooooo satisfying.
7. Stop complaining. Start appreciating the smallest things around you and of course, the major ones too. God knows (as does Nadir) what a HUGE complainer I can be …. but I’m definitely working on it.
8. Compliment people ... especially strangers. You might just make their day with a nice comment.
9. Tell people you love that you love them - my favorite one!!
10. Let go of grudges - it’s a great form of release. Bonus: you get more time to focus on yourself, so it’s a win win situation.
11. Put on loud music and dance in your kitchen - liberating AF:) I know, Isaad and Lyali agree with me. I can’t tell you how many secret videos Nadir has of me dancing in the kitchen. He blackmails me with them occasionally:))
12. Cherish & nourish your friendships - water them as you would plants and see them grow. No, don’t roll your eyes, I mean it even if it sounds cheesy!!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones! Nadir, Isaad, Lyali and I are off to celebrate my favorite holiday with family in Indiana …. of course, many pics to come;) Keep scrolling as I have added 12 fun clothing options for you!
Thank you as always for visiting & reading my blog post! Lots and lots of love from the stirrer;) Hugs, Sobia
Thank you, my sweet Ricci, of Rust and Flourish for the pics. This was a fun shoot for sure!!
my romper is from h&M
I’ve added links to 12 (but, of course) Romper/Jumpsuit options for you between $66 - $390.
One of my favorite brands - $189
sweet and Summery - $158
Retro chic - $198
My heart literally missed a beat - $139
Beach Babe - $180